Give treats a sunny, citrus flavour with a hint of fresh lemon.
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups caster sugar
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup lemon juice Icing sugar, for dusting
120g butter, melted
1 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
3/4 cup caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. To make the base, place the butter, flour and sugar in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Press mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
5. Place the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
6. Pour over the base and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours until just set. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tips and tricks
Wrap lemon squares in cellophane and tie with a ribbon to give guests as party favours.
* For more recipes by Donna Hay click here.