Let budding chefs loose in the kitchen with this easy-to-follow recipe that will delight the whole family.
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 Tbsp baking powder, sifted
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined.
3. Gently fold through the banana and chocolate chips.
4. Divide the mixture between 12 x 1/2 cup-capacity muffin tins lined with paper patty cases and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden or cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
6. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
* For more recipes by Donna Hay click here.