3/4 cup self-raising flour
2 Tbsps caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegetable oil, for frying
125g blueberries and icing sugar, to serve
1/4 cup store-bought caramel filling
60g butter, softened
1. To make the caramel butter, place the caramel and butter in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Place the eggs, milk, ricotta, lemon and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Cook 2 Tbsp of the mixture, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
4. Top the pancakes with the caramel butter and blueberries and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tips and tricks
Try adding your favourite seasonal fruits to the rosewater syrup, such as peaches, nectarines or blueberries.
You could add finely grated orange rind or lime rind to the ricotta cakes instead of lemon rind.
You can find caramel filling in the baking aisle of the supermarket.
* For more recipes by Donna Hay click here.