Melted butter, for brushing
300g frozen raspberries
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup caster sugar, plus extra, for dusting
1 Tbsp cornflour
3 tsp water
5 egg whites
1/3 cup caster sugar, extra
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Brush 4 x 1 cup-capacity ramekins with butter, dust with sugar and place on a baking tray.
2. Place the raspberries in a saucepan over low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Blend raspberries until smooth.
3. Pass the purée through a sieve and return to the pan over low heat. Add the lemon juice and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil.
4. Whisk to combine the cornflour and water, add to the raspberry puree and whisk for 1 minute. Refrigerate until cold.
5. Place the egg whites in an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Add the extra caster sugar in a thin stream and beat until glossy. Fold through the raspberry puree and spoon into ramekins.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until risen. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
* For more recipes by Donna Hay click here.By Donna Hay