Gull station hit by blaze


Gull petrol station on Omahu Rd is closed due to smoke and fire damage following a blaze in the early hours of Monday morning.

It's believed the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault.

Gull North Island retail manager Graham Stirk said the shop was "munted".

"There is a fair bit of smoke damage, it was a fairly intense fire," he said. "Fortunately no-one was injured. It was around 4 o'clock in the morning."

Mr Stirk did not specify when the petrol station would reopen but said it would be as soon as possible, in some sort of "temporary facility" until the shop could be refitted.

Napier senior station officer Jamie Nichol yesterday couldn't confirm how the fire started, as it was still under investigation.

- HAWKES BAY TODAY

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_a5 at 23 Apr 2014 19:02:32 Processing Time: 1943ms