Gas explosion injures one at Mayfair school


1 comment

A portable gas cooker has exploded at a Hawke's Bay school during a camping exercise in the school grounds today injuring one person, the Fire Service said.

Two fire engines and an ambulance arrived at Mayfair School about midday today.

TVNZ reported a 29 year-old woman received burns to her neck, shoulder and arms in the incident and was taken to hospital but was likely to be discharged.

Napier fire station senior station officer Bryan Dunphy said they were not yet sure of the cause, but a fire investigator would look into whether it was due to human error or a faulty gas cooker.

- Hawkes Bay Today

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


Sort by
  • Oldest

© Copyright 2015, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 02 Dec 2015 16:24:31 Processing Time: 604ms