The wanted list of 13 Hawke's Bay people which went online three days ago through a new police website has been reduced by one.
On Tuesday, hours after the new "wanteds" website was fired up, a male on the list walked into the Napier Police Station and simply said "I'm wanted".
However, his decision to hand himself in was not as a result of the website - it was more coincidence that he decided to do so on the same day the new police on-line initiative kicked off.
"It would have been nice if they were connected but, either way, he did the right thing and came in," Eastern District communications manager Kris McGehan said.
"To those people still on the wanted list, the bottom line is simple - you will be found, so just make it easier on yourself and come in," Ms McGehan said.
The Eastern region and Wellington were the first to go online in showing a list of people wanted, generally for failing to appear in court, on Tuesday night.
Ms McGehan said the sites had been getting hits.
It was a valuable new tool for police in getting information out about people they were seeking, she said.
On the initial Bay list of wanteds, eight were male and five female.