Burned man improving


A man rescued from a burning public toilet in Hastings on Sunday is in a critical but stable condition in Auckland's Middlemore Hospital.

The 41-year-old suffered extensive burns after apparently dousing himself with petrol.

Passersby and nearby cafe staff forced open the door to the hi-tech toilet after "it exploded like a bomb" and screams were heard.

 

- Hawkes Bay Today

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 24 Feb 2017 01:16:54 Processing Time: 765ms