* Cat killer: You are sick and need help. What are you going to kill when killing cats doesn't do it for you any more. If you know this person speak up!
* As a concerned animal lover, I suggest anyone who is in a position to should add to the reward to catch those responsible for hurting these animals. Then if they are not caught, the money could go to the SPCA.
* Catch those disgusting sick people harming animals. They go on to harm children. Please report them.
* Dogs not allowed to pooh in public or wander. Why is it cats can. JM
* I should be allowed to poison cats when they come onto my property and kill my chickens and spray on my washing!
* I don't condone cruelty, but maybe if the Coles family kept their cat in at night like pets should be, we wouldn't have to read about its misadventures on the front page! With no legal way of dealing with nuisance cats, no wonder they get a pellet in the butt! People are just getting fed up with cats and not being able to do anything about them!
* Idiots who start off killing pets end up killing humans. You who know who they are phone crime stoppers.
* When is the pedestrian crossing going to get painted in Clive? It's far too dangerous as it is. Come on HDC get it painted before a school kid gets run over on their way to school.
* Thanks to the oxygen thieves who keyed my car at the Black Barn concert on Saturday night. I hope your senseless act returns to you 10-fold. Andrea T, Havelock North
* Good on you Judge Callinicos. I spent two years in the Family Court trying to get fairness and you sorted it for me in two hours. Thanks. JB
* Thanks a lot to the nice lady at Alexander's Menswear in Hastings. We live in Napier and I rang for a birthday gift for my hubby who has cancer. The shop gift wrapped his present before they posted it. Thanks for going the extra mile.
* Last Tuesday i stood in the central city/town clock area. How can the council even remotely consider extending Heretaunga St across that attractive town centre. Anne
* I'm not surprised that the Government has raised it's middle finger to overwhelming public opinion against the Crafar farm sale to foreign buyers. They did the same with GST, tax cuts for the wealthy and asset sales. Such arrogance. Oh well we get what we deserve. EJ
* Omg! When is the Government going to realise... we are not Australians! I'm sick of hearing in the newspaper... Australia do it like that? 67 retirement age. Give way to your left? They Monday-ise public holidays... whip-de-do! We are unique - leave us as we are! I mean change is good but not if it comes from somewhere else other than NZ. They don't like it - leave.
* I would also like to know why the Mayor needs an adviser!
* Does anyone know if there's a video of the Hall and Oates, Icehouse concert at the winery in Taradale on January 28? Pam J
* Not good advertising for Plunket. Grey Plunket car driving around town with two kids in back seat hanging out windows, obviously not restrained.
* No ending to treaty while the government keep slowly adding clauses. Time for New Zealand to speak up.
* We were visitors to the Bay. Went out on Duck, very shocked we didn't have to put life jackets on.
* Why are these beach nudists always old creepy looking people? It's not a good look. No one wants to see your wrinkly package. It's just creepy. Do it at your own place. Not a good look with kids around. MJB
* Thank you, Gareth, aka 'The Great Wardini' magician extraordinare! Not only were four seven year olds engrossed, but the adults were totally mesmerised. Great birthday party entertainment. AW
* Cyclists on road need to ride single file so others can get past them safely for everyone concerned. Surely the law states something about this? Same for motorcyclists? Especially large groups. Imagine if cars did that. If you need to chat go to the pub but don't drive and chat.
* Yes, it should be common sense not to smoke in a car with kids in it, but unfortunately a lot of people don't use their common sense. Maybe a law like Aussie has would reinforce things. JHW
* Parenting classes would be a very good idea. Shame National got rid of night school.
* Many thanks to organisers of earthquake afternoon tea. Also Napier Boys' High students for their polite assistance.