Lil Wayne: 'I'm more than good'

Rapper Lil Wayne, had been hospitalized since last week. Photo / AP
Rapper Lil Wayne, had been hospitalized since last week. Photo / AP

Lil Wayne insists he is "more than good" following his stint in hospital after suffering seizures.

The 30-year-old rapper, real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, suffered from uncontrollable convulsions on March 12 and was taken to a Los Angeles hospital, where he stayed in the Intensive Care Unit.

Exaggerated reports surfaced claiming the star was on his deathbed, however in a new video with TMZ - who broke the story - Lil Wayne reveals he is back to full health.

"I just want to say thank you to y'all for all y'all prayers and y'all concerns and all that. I swear to God, I felt the love when I was laid up in that motherf***ing hospital bed. I want y'all to know that I'm good, n*****, more than good,"he said in the video.

"Also, my album is still coming out March 26. Also I'm still going on tour, America's Most Wanted tour with some of my closest friends."

I Am Not a Human Being II is the upcoming tenth studio album by the American rapper and serves as the sequel to his eighth studio album, I Am Not a Human Being.

TMZ also linked Wayne's seizure episode to an overdose of a concoction called Sizzurp, which includes prescription-strength cough syrup with codeine as its primary ingredient.

The rapper's record boss Mack Maine recently denied such claims.

"A lot of blogs and stuff put out some foolishness, but that wasn't true," he said.

"He has four kids. Imagine his daughter hearing that somewhere in school or something like that, so he wasn't too happy about that."

- Cover Media

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf02 at 23 Dec 2014 08:58:21 Processing Time: 603ms