This delicious salad is perfect for a Christmas Day picnic or for using up leftover ham between Christmas and New Year. Preparation and cooking time are 10 minutes each.
• 1kg new potatoes, cooked, cooled and cut into 2-3cm chunks or halved if small
• 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
• ½ cup (100g) ham, finely diced
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• ½ cup good-quality homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
• 3 pickled onions, finely chopped
• 3 gherkins, finely chopped
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ¼ cup finely chopped parsley leaves
• Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Toss together potatoes, eggs, ham and spring onions in a serving bowl.
2. To make the creamy dressing, place all ingredients in a small jar or bowl and shake or stir to combine. Toss through salad to serve.
Recipe extracted from Annabel's summer annual Annabel Langbein: A Free Range Life (Annabel Langbein Media, $19.95). For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see annabel-langbein.com.