• 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
• ½ cup desiccated coconut
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 220g unsalted butter, melted
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/3 cup golden syrup
• 1 x 380g can store-bought caramel filling or dulce de leche, softened
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place the flour, desiccated coconut, sugar and 140g butter in a bowl and stir until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of a 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Place the shredded coconut, oats, golden syrup, and remaining butter in a bowl and mix to combine. Spread the caramel over the cooled base and spoon over the oat topping.
3. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares to serve.