• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 4 stalks rosemary
• 330ml pale ale or lager beer
• 1.6kg chicken, butterflied
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Place the garlic, oil, rosemary, beer, and chicken in a large freezer bag. Seal and allow to marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over high. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Reduce heat to low, cover with the barbecue lid or a large metal bowl and cook for a further 15 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Tips and tricks
Accompany the chicken with a leafy green salad and handcut potato chips. Simply cut potatoes into wedges, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes or until golden and crispy.