Makes 2 cups
• 600g fresh or frozen broad beans
• 1½ cups chopped mint leaves
• 200g marinated feta, crumbled
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
• 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (see tips and tricks)
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• Turkish bread, chargrilled, to serve
Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Peel and roughly chop. Place in a bowl with the mint, feta, garlic, parmesan, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, lightly crush with a spoon and mix well to combine. Serve with chargrilled Turkish bread.
Tips and tricks
• Spread. These tasty dips are also great on sandwiches. Simply spread over bread rolls and top with your favourite fillings.
• White balsamic vinegar is made from the same grape variety as regular balsamic, but is paler, thinner and less sweet. It is often used to avoid the discolouration the dark variety causes.
• Mix up. Try mixing the broad bean dip with boiled potatoes and chopped cucumber for a fresh potato salad.
• Extras. Add your favourite spices and herbs to the dips, such as dried chilli flakes, paprika, or chopped oregano and parsley.By Donna Hay