Young Thug has been forced to drop out of Laneway Festival - and the reason behind his cancellation could be super lame.

Promoters said "recent complications" with the Australian visa process were behind the acclaimed rapper's axing from the festival line-up, due to hit Auckland later this month.

That could be to do with his recent arrest warrant, which was issued by an Atlanta judge last week when he failed to show up in court, TMZ reported.

The reason for his court appearance? Illegally tinted windows in his car.

Advertisement

Despite his problems with Australia, the popular rapper, who is critically lauded for his unconventional and distinct vocal style, did have his New Zealand visa sorted.

Fans who had bought tickets to the festival specifically to see Young Thug have a 72-hour "refund window" to receive their money back.

Aggrieved fans won't want to dilly-dally as this window slams shut on Saturday (January 21) at 2.30pm. No refund requests will be accepted after this time.

To request a refund contact Moshtix and select Laneway Festival 2017, Young Thug Refund Request.

Replacing Young Thug on the line-up is Australian based producer and DJ What So Not.

Australian producer and DJ What So Not.
Australian producer and DJ What So Not.

What So Not is most known for

Waiting,

a collab with RL Grime and Skrillex.

The Laneway Festival is due to be held in Albert Park Precinct on January 30.

Fans gutted at Thug's cancellation can console themselves with his new music video, which has gone viral for what it doesn't include, rather than what it does.

Director Ryan Staake told Rolling Stone the rapper failed to show up for the shoot, leaving him thinking he'd have to bin the whole thing.

"I was a shell of a director afterwards. I was not optimistic about the future of the video," he said.