Rockers Disturbed donate to earthquake appeal

Disturbed says proceeds from tonight's Auckland show will be donated to Christchurch's quake appeal.
Disturbed says proceeds from tonight's Auckland show will be donated to Christchurch's quake appeal.

American hard rock act Disturbed says proceeds from tonight's Auckland show will go towards the Kaikoura earthquake appeal.

The quartet, known for their cover of Paul Simon's The Sound of Silence, called the devastation called by Monday's quake "heartbreaking".

It said a portion of proceeds from tonight's show would go towards the recovery, and encouraged fans to visit the Red Cross appeal page.

"The devastation from the powerful earthquake that just ravaged the people of the South Island of New Zealand is heartbreaking to say the least."

"We in Disturbed would like to encourage everyone to please donate what you can to the local New Zealand Red Cross to help with disaster relief," the band said.

"We wish the people of the South Island a speedy recovery and continued strength and perseverance in this difficult time."

The band is here to make up for a show delayed by the cancellation of Australia's Soundwave festival earlier this year.

The four enjoyed a night off in Auckland last night by grabbing burgers at The White Lady.


Disturbed perform with Devilskin in Auckland tonight.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 22 Feb 2017 08:22:03 Processing Time: 383ms