Adele says she turned down next year's Super Bowl half-time show because it's "not about the music" - but her story is disputed by the NFL and Pepsi.
While the Hello hitmaker was asked to perform at the game, which will be held at Houston's NRG Stadium in Texas on February 5, 2017, she rejected the offer.
Speaking during her concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Adele said: "First of all, I'm not doing the Super Bowl. I mean, come on, that show is not about music. And I don't really - I can't dance or anything like that. They were very kind, they did ask me, but I said no."
But organisers released a statement saying Adele was never asked to perform.
"We have had conversations with several artists about the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show. However, we have not at this point extended a formal offer to Adele or anyone else. We are focused on putting together a fantastic show for Houston and we look forward to revealing that in good time."
It was previously claimed that organisers were desperate to sign Adele up for the show.
A source told The Sun: "There is nobody bigger in the world than Adele right now and organisers are doing absolutely everything they can to try to persuade her to sign up.
"She's sold out every date on her tour, everyone wants a piece of her and they know they can bank on her bringing in the viewers."
Meanwhile, Adele is planning to spend the rest of the year in America.
The 28-year-old singer is currently on tour in the US, but plans to stay in her $7.8 million Los Angeles mansion for some time after the run of shows draw to an end in November and is "excited" at the prospect of spending Christmas in the sun with her partner Simon Konecki and their three-year-old son Angelo.
She said: "I'm in America for eight months. I'm on tour and then I'm going to have Christmas in America. I haven't done that before, I'm really excited."
- Bang! Showbiz