Star Wars fans are in a stew after a reddit user claimed to leak details of the latest script online.
The post shared by a user named Louevilone nearly 10 days ago has generated hundreds of comments and plenty of debate over intricate plot twists allegedly included in the eighth instalment of the world-famous franchise.
It claims Rhian Johnson's next film will be called Echoes of the Dark Side and follow up on loose ends from JJ Abrams' The Force Awakens with new details about the background of Daisey Ridley's character Rey as well as character developments for Finn, Kylo and Ren.
But whether it is a legitimate leak or the result of an overactive imagination remains to be seen given that previous releases have also been subject to similar claims and security has been extremely tight on set.
The Force Awakens director JJ Abrams has also previously been coy about Rey's identity, telling a Q & A session in the US that "she doesn't discover [her parents] in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world."
"Rey's parents are not in Episode VII," he said. "So I can't possibly say in this moment who they are. But I will say it is something that Rey thinks about, too."
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE SPOILERS
The rumoured spoilers posted online include:
• That the film is divided into three plot threads - Rey's, Finn's and Kylo's which don't converge until the third act
• Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker which is why she is so powerful with the Force
• Luke is afraid to train her because of fears she could become "Vader 2.0"
• Benicio Del Toro appears as a dictator leader of the Republic called Lord Vikram
• Plus many more that can be found online here.
We'll let you be the judge.
Star Wars: Episode VIII will premiere on 15 December 2017.