Justin Bieber settles alleged assault case out of court

Justin Bieber has settled a case taken by a photographer who alleged the singer assaulted him in 2012, out of court.
Justin Bieber has settled a case taken by a photographer who alleged the singer assaulted him in 2012, out of court.

Justin Bieber has settled a lawsuit with a photographer who accused the singer of kicking and punching him outside a California shopping centre in 2012.

Photographer Jose Osmin Hernandez Duran sued Bieber in 2013, saying the incident left him with severe emotional distress.

Duran's lawyer, Steven Madison, said on Wednesday that the case had been resolved but he couldn't comment further. A trial had been scheduled to start on Wednesday.

Bieber was accused of attacking Duran while he was out with singer Selena Gomez, who was his girlfriend at the time.

More from Spy:
Danielle Cormack makes 'most beautiful' list
Kate Middleton's St Patrick's Day blunder

The lawsuit says Bieber started to leave a Calabasas shopping plaza, but instead got out of his car, ran toward Duran and delivered a flying kick to his gut before punching him in the face.

Bieber's lawyer, Howard Weitzman, declined to comment.

- AAP

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 27 Sep 2016 17:23:57 Processing Time: 315ms