Harrison Ford is supposedly on the verge of announcing some "good news" after being crushed under the weight of the Millennium Falcon during filming of the latest Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old actor had to be airlifted to the trauma unit at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after apparently breaking his ankle on the set of Star Wars 7.
A source said he clutched his chest in pain as crew members rushed to free him from underneath the prop's hydraulic door after the accident at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire on Thursday.
However, while his injuries were rumoured to be worse than initially thought, a publicist for the film has now revealed he could be on the mend.
In a statement to Sky News, the spokesman said the Indiana Jones star was "hoping to announce some good news soon".
A spokesman for John Radcliffe Hospital was unable to confirm whether the actor had been discharged from hospital today.
It is thought that as well as fracturing his ankle, he may also have suffered further injuries to his chest and pelvis - although he is said to be awaiting results of further tests to confirm the extent of any damage.
The latest news comes after his wife Calista Flockhart, best known for her starring role in sitcom Ally McBeal, confirmed she had flown from the US to be at her husband's bedside.
Reprising his buccaneering role from the early films for Star Wars: Episode VII, it is believed Ford was about to start a scene involving the 111ft vehicle when the incident occurred.
"Harrison was hit by the door and looked in a bad way and was clutching his chest when he was on the stretcher," a source told The Mirror.
The insider added that he was in "a lot of pain" and his foot appeared "damaged".
A Lucasfilm spokesman confirmed shooting on the film, which is due to be released in December next year, had resumed following the accident.
Star Wars: Episode VII, which is being directed by JJ Abrams, began filming in Abu Dhabi in mid-May.
The action is set 35 years after the last film they all appeared in together - 1983's Return of the Jedi.
MailOnline has contacted Harrison Ford's agent for comment.
- Daily Mail