The upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII will start shooting in London in May, set 30 years after the events of 1983's Return of the Jedi, Disney have revealed.
Disney purchased the Star Wars production company, LucasFilms, in 2012, and announced it would release three new films in the franchise.
Episode VII, which will be directed by Star Trek's J.J. Abrams, is scheduled to hit cinemas on December 18, 2015.
"There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads," Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said during Disney's annual shareholder's meeting.
However that is all he would say about the film. Theories have been flying over who will star in the latest installment, but any decisions remain shrouded in secrecy.
"Rumour has it that almost every actor in the world has been cast in this movie, but so far, the official cast member that we've confirmed -- the only on -- is R2D2," Iger said.
Reports suggest Girls star Adam Driver is in talks to play a Darth Vader-like villain, while Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o met with Abrams only a few weeks ago to discuss a role as the offspring of Obi-Wan Kenobi, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Other rumours suggest Breaking Bad's Jesse Plemons, and British actors Ed Speleers and John Boyega, are also being considered for roles. Some have even called for the likes of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher to return.
Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch was previously linked to the film, but he has since discounted the claims.