Heartthrob boy band the Jonas Brothers have announced they are breaking up, at least for now.
The announcement was made today, a few weeks after cancelling their comeback tour due to "deep rifts" between the trio.
The group, whose career took off five years ago with Disney films and TV shows, said they decided "unanimously" to split after a meeting earlier this month.
"It's over for now," Kevin Jonas told People magazine, while brother Nick added: "It's really hard to say, 'forever' .. We're closing a chapter, for sure."
"It was a unanimous decision," added Joe.
At an October 3 meeting Nick Jonas told his brothers he was worried about the band's future. "I was feelling kind of trapped," he said. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
The band cancelled a planned 19-date comeback tour, and a band spokesman was cited saying: "There is a deep rift within the band. There was a big a disagreement over their music direction."
The brothers, originally from New Jersey, released their first album in August 2006, but their career took off with the Disney movie Camp Rock in 2008, followed by a sequel two years later. They were also given their own Disney Channel TV series.
They have sold more than 20 million records, and were nominated for Best New Artist Grammy in 2008, according to their website.
They entered the Guinness Book of Records for the most singles to enter the US charts top 20 in one year, with five in 2009, and have won nearly 50 awards around the world, including an American Music Award.