Going nowhere: Breathe easy, Directioners. Liam Payne is not about to abandon ship.
British tabloid the Daily Star boomed in a report on Sunday that the "love-sick" 19-year-old singer was "set to quit" the chart-topping boy band "because he can't stand being away from his girlfriend," dancer-and-model Danielle Peazer.
According to the Daily Star, the singer wanted Peazer to tag along with him while the band embark on a four-month stint in the US, but that "record bosses" have put the kibosh on those plans, and "have ordered the lads to travel on their own and work as a team".
The tab quoted Payne as saying: "I can't stand being away from Danielle. If it's between the band and her, I'll choose her."
An "insider" claimed the teen feels "terrible homesickness" when he's on the road and away from his lady.
"He says the long American promotional tours 'kill him' and that he feels like he's cracking up when he's on the road for so long," said a source.
"Since getting back together with Danielle at the end of last year they have grown much closer and really bonded. Liam hates being away from her."
The tab's source added that Payne relies on Peazer for "so much emotional support".
"Some of the other lads in the group are the total opposite - they just want to party and chat up girls.
"People think it's all glitz, glam and girls in a boyband but when you are as famous as they are it can become a real psychological and emotional strain," the source added.
"Liam feels he doesn't get the same status and respect as the big stars like Harry [Styles] and Niall [Horan] and sometimes even questions why he's in the band at all.
"The rest of the lads are freaking out that one day he'll have had enough and just walk out. That would throw the whole band into chaos."
The source concluded: "They split up in the first place because they were apart for so long when he was on tour.
"So Liam is terrified the same problems will creep in when the real hard slog of touring the world starts again soon.
"He wants Danielle with him but the other lads and the record company think they should be concentrating on work."
But here's the rub: Payne has called BS on the Daily Star's report, insisting he's not bailing on the band.
"Thought I'd let you know this latest story is bulls**t," he wrote on Twitter.
"I love you guys so much," he added. "I love this band they're my best mates I ain't goin now werrr."
Payne is the latest member of the boy band to be the focus of a tabloid 'quitting' story. Reports surfaced last month that groupmate Zayn Malik was supposedly planning on leaving, but a rep issued a statement calling the claims "completely untrue".
As you were.
* The blind leading the blind: Charlie Sheen offers Lindsay Lohan his services as a mentor.
* "I'm in. I think I'm in" - Halle Berry almost seems certain she will be returning for the new X-Men movie.
* Justin Bieber sounds off about "worst birthday" ever.
* Heidi Klum joins judges panel on America's Got Talent.
* Adele lined up for next James Bond theme?
* Snapped: Jason Segel steps out after Michelle Williams split.
* Fresh Prince rap triggers school lockdown.
* Jamie Lynn Spears announces engagement on Twitter. Check out the finger bling.
* Jamie Lee Curtis slams Oscars host Seth MacFarlane.
* David Beckham denies using butt double in H&M ad.
* La Toya Jackson signs Prince, Paris and Blanket to her talent agency.
* Quote of the day: "I don't want to win an Oscar. It would change nothing. Nothing" - Bradley Cooper.
* No elephants at Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wedding, PETA says.
- Rumour Has ItBy Myrddin Gwynedd @ohthatwelshguy Email Myrddin