Charlie Sheen unwelcome at top hotels - reports

Charlie Sheen is reportedly not welcome at a number of top New York hotels.

The former Two and a Half Men actor is said to be looking to book a private apartment when he performs his Violent Torpedo of Truth stage show next month as facilities including the Waldorf-Astoria and the Trump Soho in the city don't want him there following an incident last year, when a panicked porn star Charlie was partying with called hotel security when he started smashing up a room at the New York Plaza hotel.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: "Many of the big New York hotels don't want the drama. He is now looking at renting a private residence."

Representatives for all hotels declined to comment.

The star is due to appear in the city for his Violent Torpedo of Truth tour on April 8, and a source close to him insists his accommodation problems are more down to his personal requirements than finding somewhere he is welcome.

Another source explained: "The real issue is finding him a hotel that allows smoking. He has to be able to smoke.

"And it's hard to find a place that will accommodate him, plus his entourage that will be more than 30, including the lighting people and of course the goddesses."

Meanwhile, the 45-year-old actor has been given a court date where he will be able to argue his $100 million lawsuit against Warner Brothers television and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre should be heard in open court.

The actor filed the suit claiming he had been unfairly being sacked from the show, and also on behalf of the crew for not being paid to the unmade last eight episodes in the final series.

Warner Brothers and Chuck have argued that Charlie's contract calls for a private arbitration panel to settle the dispute, but a Los Angeles judge has now set a date of April 19, when both sides will make their case in court.

- BANG! Showbiz

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_a1 at 21 Aug 2014 12:06:59 Processing Time: 638ms