Check out new videos from Nicki Minaj, Arctic Monkeys and Death Cab For Cutie, the new trailer for Resident Evil, have a play with a new optical turntable and watch a remix of that infamous scene from When Harry Met Sally. All that and more is right here in our wrap of the best links on the web.
1. "I am the female Weezy," declares Nicki Minaj at the end of her crazy video for her new single Stupid Hoe, featuring monkeys, epilepsy-inducing strobes, bright flurries of colour and joint-aching shoulder rotations. Judging by Hoe, from the upcoming album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Minaj isn't far from her lofty ambition. Check out the mind-boggling clip below via The Huffington Post:
2. Lana Del Rey is already 2012's most talked about star, so it's only natural that her songs are being sampled before her album has even been released. Here's rapper Schoolboy Q's excellent - and definitely R rated - track with A$AP Rocky, Hands on the Wheel.
3. If you can't get enough of The Walking Dead, or anything zombie-related, then check out the trailer for Resident Evil: Retribution, with additional Michelle Rodriguez. Can anyone imagine that gun-toting chick in a rom-com? Didn't think so. (Flicks.co.nz)
4. Bored with your turntable? Can't be bothered with vinyl anymore? Then you need to get your hands on the Soundmachine, a series of optical turntables that use light sensor cartridges instead of needles. Of course, you probably need to be as rich as Kim Dotcom to afford one. Check out a demo here. (Dvice.com)
5. Remember when Sally faked an orgasm for Harry in an American diner? Course you do. Here's a redo recreated using clips from other films. Turn the sound down if you're at work, it's a bit naughty. (Laughingsquid.com)
6. Death Cab For Cutie are playing one New Zealand show at the end of February in Wellington, so mopesters can prepare with this animated new clip for Underneath the Sycamore. Try not to cry. (Metacritic)
7. New music alert: Here's I Find You Freaky by South African upstarts Die Antwoord, Miike Snow's Paddling Out and Off the Wall, a track from Sonic Youth's Lee Ranaldo. Hey, he's gotta do something now his band's about to split up.
8. An outcry has erupted over Alex Turner's new hairdo - it's a quiff. Check it out in the new clip for the Arctic Monkey's single Black Treacle. I doubt local hairdressers are sharpening their shears in preparation for an increase in quiff requests, but you never know. (Metacritic)
9. If you're wondering how Robot Chicken began, it all started here with a skit on Conan O'Brien's talk show. And it starred a weird-sounding Conan trying to make out with a hillbilly Britney Spears. Might as well start as you mean to carry on. (Heavy.com)
10. If you haven't seen American Idol judge Steven Tyler butchering the American national anthem, check it out here. That's a 'no' from me, Steve. (nzherald.co.nz)
Seen anything cool? Add your own links below.
- Herald online