Here's what business leaders want to see from finance minister Bill English and Labour's finance spokesperson Grant Robertson.
• Solve the Auckland housing crisis.
• Get active on tax policy to solve housing unaffordability.
• Develop a long-term economic plan.
• Develop big thinking on New Zealand's economic future.
• Get debt down.
• Funding for education.
• Policies to constrain public expenditure.
• Further discussion on the "Future of Work" project.
• Promote the right skills delivered by education.
• Identify weaknesses in National's economic policy.
• Prioritise economic prosperity for all New Zealanders.