TV's new 'Star Trek' takeoff delayed until May 2017

LOS ANGELES (AP) " The latest TV edition of "Star Trek" is launching a few months later than planned.

Streaming service CBS All Access said Wednesday that "Star Trek: Discovery" will debut in May 2017 instead of January.

In a statement, series producers Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller said their aim is to "dream big and deliver" and they decided the additional time was needed to achieve their vision for the show.

After its premiere next spring on the CBS broadcast network, further episodes of the new "Star Trek" series will be available only on CBS All Access.

To help fill in until "Star Trek: Discovery" begins, a previously announced spinoff of CBS' "The Good Wife," starring Christine Baranski, will debut next February on the network and then move to CBS All Access.

This story has been automatically published from the Associated Press wire which uses US spellings

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 22 Oct 2016 23:19:12 Processing Time: 212ms