Mother-to-be Beyonce Knowles is opening up about her pregnancy and marriage in the November issue of Harper's Bazaar, while trashing net rumours that she wore a fake baby bump during a recent TV interview.
The Countdown singer revealed earlier this week that she is set to give birth to her first baby with Jay-Z in February.
Appearing on Australian talk show Sunday Night, Beyonce said: "My husband and I have been together for 10 years. All of my 20s. I feel like it is time ... and I'm so happy."
The singer also explains to glossy Harper's Bazaar why she waited before raising a family with her husband of three years.
"It was important to me that I gave myself time to focus on becoming the woman I want to be, building my empire, my relationship, and my self-worth, before I became a mother," she admits. "Now God has blessed us with the ultimate."
Of her doting husband, she gushes: "We have been together since I was 20 years old. We took our time and developed an unbreakable friendship before we got married."
She adds: "I admire his ability to inspire others. To me, Jay represents the American dream. Jay's music has helped define our generation. All that he has overcome and worked to achieve gives millions hope that they can become whatever they want to be.
"I respect him so much; he is a great man and a great artist."
Beyonce also opens up about her marriage.
"We focused three years on our marriage and found that it brought us an even stronger bond and connection. But like anything great and successful in your life, marriage takes hard work and sacrifice. It has to be something both you and your husband deeply want," she says.
"The best thing about marriage is the amount of growth you have because you can no longer hide from your fears and insecurities. There's someone right there calling you out on your flaws and building you up when you need the support. If you are with the right person, it brings out the best version of you."
She also dishes on the amount of planning that went into her pregnancy revelation at the MTV Video Music Awards in late August.
"I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it. It was important to me that I was able to do it myself," she says.
"I was extremely nervous. It was the toughest red carpet I ever did. I didn't want a crazy picture or gossip story to break the news. I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything."
Click on over to Harper's Bazaar for more from her interview.
'Stupid, ridiculous and false...'
But while Beyonce revels in the glow of her pregnancy, her recent sit-down with Sunday Night has sparked a wave of wild speculation and rumour.
Hours after a clip of her TV interview appeared online, conspiracy theorists flapped over a bizarre claim that Queen B is actually sporting a prosthetic baby bump as she parades before her public.
The "evidence"? At one point during the clip, the singer's burgeoning belly seemingly appears to fold and "deflate" as she sits down for the confab.
Check out the frame-by-frame stills here.
Oh, the scandal!
But honestly, what a load of old cobblers, says her rep.
Her rep Yvette Noel-Schure has since piped up to slam the swirling rumours, branding them "stupid, ridiculous and false," according to ABC News.
Beyonce was recently snapped sporting her (very real looking) baby bump during a beachside stroll in Hvar, Croatia in early September.
Roll call: Here come the links...
* Meet Ashton Kutcher's No. 1 fan - and she's got the back ink to prove it. Brazilian fan Jéssica Khushi has expressed her devotion to the Two and a Half Men star with an inked message on her upper back. The tattoo reads: "Ashton Kutcher I love you, love is forever fan love you." Break it to her gently.
* Blake who? Newly-single Leonardo DiCaprio isn't twiddling his thumbs and navel-gazing during his stint working on Baz Luhrmann's Great Gatsby Down Under. The Inception star, who recently split from Gossip Girl actress Blake Lively, has been linked to not one, but two, Aussie models, reports The Sunday Telegraph.
* Sling your hook! Shacked-up couple Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux aren't welcome in New York City. Theroux's ex-girlfriend Heidi Bivens would like the lovebirds to up sticks and park their love wagon elsewhere, reports Us Weekly. "She doesn't want to know anything about him and Jen," says a source, "though she'd like a heads-up on any marriage or baby news." Naturally.
* Give us a kiss: Introducing Mr and Mrs McCartney. Check out one of the official wedding portraits taken by Sir Paul's daughter Mary during the singer's very recent nuptials.
* Preggo announcement imminent? Jessica Simpson is about to announce she is expecting, reports RadarOnline. "It's still early in the pregnancy, and Jessica has decided to wait before sharing her happiness with her fans," says a snitch.
* Tori Spelling welcomes a baby girl. The Beverly Hills 90210 star, who announced that she was pregnant in April, revealed the news on Twitter: "Our family's so happy 2 announce that 10/10/11 R baby girl Hattie Margaret McDermott was born at 7:08 am! Xoxo." Congrats!
- Blogger Bites Back