The land and buildings housing one of the Bay of Plenty's biggest provincial private medical centres are on the market.
The 1529 square metre medical complex in Katikati houses five healthcare professional operations, including the Katikati Medical Centre, JS & JA Allan Pharmacy, Bay Radiology Pathlab Bay of Plenty, and Osborne Physio.
Katikati Medical Centre's core clinical services employ about 32 staff - including eight general practitioners, nine nurses, and administrative support personnel.
The tenants and sub-let space make the Clive Rd property one of the biggest full-service private medical centres in the region.
The predominantly single-storey property is being marketed for sale by tender by Bayleys Tauranga, with tenders closing at 4pm on August 2.
The original building was built in 1979 of brick veneer and timber framing on a concrete slab floor and has been added to several times over the intervening decades. The complex meets 100 per cent of new build standards and sits on 4305 sq m of freehold land in a rectangular shape.
Bayleys Tauranga salesman Brendon Bradley said the property contained uncovered car parking for 57 vehicles, with additional covered and secured car parking for five vehicles, and a space specially reserved for ambulance access.
Katikati's population has been recording steady growth over the past five years - rising by 2.59 per cent year-on-year between 2013 - 2015 according to latest Census data. It is currently estimated to be 4642 people.
Mr Bradley said the town's continuing population growth would automatically funnel into the services provided by the Katikati Medical Centre - thereby giving a degree of operational confidence and certainty to businesses within the complex.
"There is some 400 sq m of currently grassed area within the Clive Road premises which could not only allow for further development of the medical premises to potentially cater for more patients, but also for the creation of additional off-street car parking for both staff and patients," he said.
The full tenancy schedule of the Katikati property features:
- Katikati Medical Centre, which has two separate leases in place - one for its administrative offices, and 16 of its 18 practice rooms. This lease is currently running through to 2018 with three further three-year rights of renewal, while the two remaining medical rooms are on a two-year lease also through to the end of 2018 with two further two-year rights of renewal.
- Bay Radiology which is currently on a three-year lease through to 2018 with three further three-year rights of renewal.
- JS & JA Allan Pharmacy which is currently on a three-year lease running through until 2018 with three further three-year rights of renewal.
- Pathlab Bay of Plenty which is currently on a three-year lease through to the end of 2018 with three further three-years rights of renewal.
- Osborne Physio which is currently on a three-year lease through to 2020 with two further three-year rights of renewal.