Tauranga's best bar, cafes and restaurants have been named.
The winners of the inaugural Restaurant Association's Bay Hospitality Awards were announced at a Gala dinner held at Mills Reef Winery last night.
The awards are the first of their kind in Tauranga and attracted more than 3500 votes over 14 categories to determine the winners.
The evening was hosted by Masterchef winners and local chefs Karena and Kasey Bird and was a chance for winners to share their successes with their peers in the industry.
The event was organised by the Restaurant Association of New Zealand with the assistance of the Bay of Plenty Committee, made up of seven local industry professionals.
"These awards are a chance to showcase the hospitality industry and reward those that excel in our industry" Andrew Targett, Bay of Plenty Branch president said.
"The Bay Hospitality Awards could not operate, celebrate and give back to the hospitality industry without the support of our sponsors. We are looking forward to the 2017 awards with planning already underway".
Bay Hospitality Awards 2016 Winners:
1. Meadow Fresh Outstanding Barista: Joannes (Hans) Kraenzlin
2. Calnar Business Systems Outstanding Café: Love Rosie
3. Moana New Zealand Emerging Talent: Jessica Payne - The Pizza Library Co.
4. Bidvest NZ Outstanding Street Food: Johneys Dumplings
5. Menumate Point of Sale Outstanding Caterer: Good Things Kitchen
6. Lion Co Outstanding Bartender: Katie Short - The Barrio Brothers
7. Pernod Ricard NZ Outstanding Bar: Mount Brewing Bar
8. Menumate Point of Sale Outstanding
Front of House Team: The Flying Burrito Brothers
9. Mills Reef Winery People's Choice: The Flying Burrito Brothers
10. Spark Business Outstanding Sales Rep: Dan Shea - Mills Reef
11. Independent Liquor Outstanding New Venue: The Rising Tide
12. Bidvest Tauranga Outstanding Chef: Ian Harrison - Rye - American Kitchen & Spirits
13. OneMusic Outstanding Design/Ambience: Macau Bar, Kitchen & Lounge
14. Gilmours Tauranga Outstanding Restaurant: Harbourside Restaurant