The Western Bay of Plenty District Council are asking locals to have their say as draft Annual Plan opens for consultation tomorrow until 4pm on Monday 18 April.
The consultation document and supporting information will show what the Council aims to achieve in the 2016-17 financial year.
They have proposed an average rate increase of 3.64 per cent.
This is to include growth and inflation, but is slightly higher than the 3.46 per cent increase prediction in the 2015-2025 Long Term Plan.
The programme 'Have Your Say' will be happening throughout the district from next Monday, March 21.
Council is seeking feedback on the draft Annual Plan and these projects:
• A $250k upgrade to our two animal shelters that are now more than 20 years old and no longer fit-for-purpose
• A proposed 12-month delay to the installation of a new wastewater system in Ongare Point to allow more planning to take place and to align the project works to the timing of the Regional Council subsidy
• A proposed investment of $100,000 into projects that support better use and availability of digital technology throughout the District.
Have your say events:
• Katikati Service Centre Display 10am-2pm, Monday 21 March
• Te Puke Service Centre Display 3pm-5pm, Thursday 31 March
• Waihi Beach Produce Market - 9am-midday, Sunday 3 April
• Katikati Lions Market - 8am - midday, Saturday 9 April
• Te Puke Community Market - 9am-1pm, Saturday 9 April
• Drop-in Day Council Chambers 2pm-6pm, Tuesday 12 April
• Omokoroa Future Focus meeting - 7pm, Friday 15 April