Pot on stove causes small fire in Te Puke


A pot on the stove was the cause of smoke which could be seen coming from the second storey window of a Te Puke building.

A Fire Service Northern Communications sposkesperson said firefighters were called to Oxford St about 2.30pm after reports of smoke coming from the windows.

Firefighters entered the building to make sure no one was inside.

The small fire was extinguished and the building was being ventilated.

Firefighters have left the building in the hands of the property manager.

- Bay of Plenty Times

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 28 Nov 2014 18:42:01 Processing Time: 660ms