Neighbours smell smoke

By Staff reporter


A Mount Maunganui man was lucky to have alert neighbours after falling asleep while cooking.

The man had begun to cook something on his stove just after 3am yesterday, when he nodded off.

His neighbours were alerted by the smell of smoke and managed to wake the man and get him out of the house, Mount Maunganui fire station officer Roger Pickett said.

Firefighters helped to ventilate the flat.

The man did not require medical treatment.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 28 May 2016 09:37:53 Processing Time: 322ms