Cow shed fire sparks emergency response

By Staff reporter


An early morning cow shed fire sparked an emergency response from Maketu volunteer firefighters.


The brigade were called to a property off State Highway 2 just after 5am today.


A water pump attached to the cow shed caught fire and was beginning to spread to the rest of the shed.


However, a farmer had managed to extinguish the fire before the brigade arrived before any major damage was done.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 29 Aug 2016 10:55:36 Processing Time: 393ms