Emergency services are at a gas station in Te Puke after reports of a fuel spill on the forecourt.
Volunteer firefighters were called to the Z service station in Te Puke just after 8am this morning.
Fire communication shift manager Steve Smith said the petrol spill was relatively small.
He said firefighters would have to collect the fuel and get it into a container somehow, as they were not allowed to wash it down the drain.
"They'll probably use something to suck it up and then put it into a container," he said.
At 8.30am, firefighters were still at the scene.