Police investigating an arson attack which destroyed an Ohauiti house last week want to hear from a trucking firm or contractor who may have hired out a Hiab truck in the days leading up to the fire.
Detective Logan Nicholas said it was believed that a large number of house furnishings, including a large outdoor water tank, were removed from the property at 935 Ohauiti Rd around August 10 and may have been taken away on the back of a Hiab truck.
"We would like to hear from any trucking company or contractor who may have hired out a Hiab truck over that period," he said.
The two-storey Ohauiti Rd home was well alight when fire crews were called to the property just before 5.30am on August 15.
One neighbour told the Bay of Plenty Times Weekend that the occupants of the house had moved out about a week earlier.
The property which is subject to a court-ordered restraining order under the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act is under the custody and control of the Official Assignee.
Another police source has confirmed that the restraining order was only granted last month.
Last week Tauranga Fire Safety Officer Ken McKeagg confirmed that electrical fault, electrical appliance malfunction and accidental ignition had been ruled out.
Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is asked to contact Mr Nicholas at Tauranga Police station on 577 4385, or alternatively information can be provided anonymously via the Crimestoppers line on 0800 555111.