Fires spark warning

Two separate fires involving heaters have sparked a warning from Tauranga firefighters for more care with winter heating. On Monday, a child pulled drapes over an LPG heater at a home in Darraghs Rd. The drapes ignited, producing intense heat and filling the house with thick black smoke. In another incident on Monday, a water-heating wrap around a Kent log fire burst into flames. Firefighters extinguished the fames and ventilated the Merivale home. Senior firefighters cautioned people not to put combustible materials within a metre of heaters and open fires.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 31 Jul 2016 17:26:19 Processing Time: 358ms